Assignment Photography by Patrick J. Endres
Photographer Patrick J. Endres
has spent 23 years working, guiding, trekking and photographing
throughout Alaska’s vast landscape, establishing logistics
and experience that contribute to creative and efficient assignment photography.
Patrick photographs with high end professional digital
cameras backed by a complete digital studio tuned to today’s
demanding needs of rapid image acquisition and transmission.
Patrick works creatively and efficiently and embraces all
the virtues of capturing images in RAW mode, since it provides
maximum quality and flexibility across a broad spectrum of lighting
situations. On location, whether it is corporate, commercial,
or editorial, light is created, added, and balanced as needed to get
clients the “look and style” they seek. Below are samples from a few assignments.
Golden Valley Electric Association
Rambling Rat Expedition
Eco Seg Alaska
University of Alaska Fairbanks
Golden Valley Electric
University of Alaska
2923 Moose Mountain Rd.
Fairbanks, Alaska 99709
Office hours: 7:00am to 5:00pm (Alaska Standard time is four hours behind New York)
Patrick J Endres
Patrick J Endres
Alaska has been my home for nearly 30 years, and its epic landscape continues to lure me, both personally, and professionally as a freelance stock and assignment photographer.
Read more >>
In the Digital Studio
The ever-evolving world of digital imagery requires a contemporary outlook, one that provides skill not only behind the camera, but behind the keyboard as well. My digital studio is equipped with fast computer workstations, color calibrated monitors, and file backup protocol.
All images that leave the office are closely scrutinized and digitally “graded” a term we borrowed from the movie industry. Grading seeks to bring the image into its perfected “film type” balanced for color and tonality.
After the Shoot
Keeping cost and efficiency in mind, the typical workflow following a client shoot is as follows:
- Perform a light edit removing only obvious outtakes and test shots
- Post a web gallery and online link where images may be viewed by all parties involved in a review process.
- Ability to download comp images for review.
- Client reviews images and makes a selection
- Raw conversion, color balancing and any necessary adjustments and image perfections are performed only on this selection to save post-production costs
- Client may choose additional images at a later time if necessary
- CD/DVD and contact sheet of this selection is delivered to client if requested instead of electronic delivery.
- Upon request, files can be posted for download to meet critical deadlines
- Your files are also stored in my archives and back up for safekeeping
- Photography Fee: Editorial or commercial day rate plus expenses (travel, supplies, model fees, etc.)
- Post Production Fee: $75/hour Digital Image Processing Fee replaced the traditional film charge. Client receives optimized, press-ready images. Fee includes file transfer, editing, image toning and processing, web post and CD/DVD burn.
- Custom Image Edits: $75/hour. Image editing, compositing, or photo modifications.
- Abercrombie and Kent
- Alaska Geographic
- Audubon Calendars
- Geographic Expeditions
- National Academy of Science
- Natural Habitat Adventures
- Sierra Club Calendars
- Smithsonian Museum of Natural History
- Chicago Tribune
- LA Times
- The Washington Post
- USA Today
- AAA Journeys
- AARP The Magazine
- Alaska Airlines Magazine
- Alaska Business Monthly
- Birder's World
- Business Week
- Ducks Unlimited
- GEO Saison
- Highlights for Children
- Men's Journal
- Mushing Magazine
- National Geographic Explorer
- National Geographic Adventure
- National Geographic Traveler
- National Geographic Kids Magazine
- National Parks
- National Wildlife
- Natural History
- On Wisconsin Magazine
- Preservation Magazine
- Sporting Classics Magazine
- Trustee Magazine
- U.S. News & World Report
- Weekly Reader
- Woman's World
Books (Single Title)
- The Making of Ice Art: Wide Angle Productions
- Moose, Northern Trek Series: Creative Publishing
- Alaska: Charlesbridge Publishing